OFFICIAL STANLEY CUP FINAL DAY OFF THREAD 06/08/2016

Waffles
Location: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Postby Waffles » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Intentionally or unintentionally?
intentionally, and you have to scream a player's name, age and favorite pizza topping
how many pizza toppings versus other foods? more pepperoni or olives? what would you say is the pepperoni to cheese ratio?

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:38 pm

@Corvidae yells at players and threatens them with not being his friend anymore if they don't score. On the flip side he will offer best friendship to players who do score.

Waffles
Location: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Postby Waffles » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:41 pm

@Corvidae yells at players and threatens them with not being his friend anymore if they don't score. On the flip side he will offer best friendship to players who do score.
LOL WTF

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:42 pm

On Monday my son and I were playing a game outside. He was the dad and I was the son and we 'drove' to a hotel and then 'drove' to the hockey game. Once there he got us some snacks and we sat in our seats. He then stood and cheered and yelled "Crosby scored!" and then a minute later "Malkin wins it!". Malkin had the GWG.

I will let the board know who will win it tomorrow.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:44 pm

LOL WTF
"DAMN IT KESSEL, HOW CAN YA MISS THAT FRIGGIN' SHOT?! THAT'S IT! I AIN'T TAKIN' YOU TO BRIGHTON ANYMORE!!"

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:46 pm

On Monday my son and I were playing a game outside. He was the dad and I was the son and we 'drove' to a hotel and then 'drove' to the hockey game. Once there he got us some snacks and we sat in our seats. He then stood and cheered and yelled "Crosby scored!" and then a minute later "Malkin wins it!". Malkin had the GWG.

I will let the board know who will win it tomorrow.
In PFiDC jr we trust.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:47 pm

Even though his papa's name is a lie.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:51 pm

NTP what was 2009 like for you...?

I know I broke like two cell phones during that run (one when Scuderi turned the puck over to Helm in game 4 I think)...June 12, 2009, to date, is the only time I really actually cried tears of joy in my entire life...I don't think I was ever so nervous for anything in my life then I was during that playoff run...

Since the win, I don't think I've reached that level of anxiousness, though I have gotten older and more mature...maybe...definitely older...but I still kind of just rock nervously back and forth in front of my TV...

Quaker, huh...? ;)
I started dating my now wife in 2009 (first date was actually game 1 against the Flyers). I don't think I was nearly as nervous as I am now, because the 90's Cup runs were when I was younger (still remember them, though). Like you, I cried like a damn baby after the horn sounded. I remember getting texts from friends (who are Flyers fans, mind you) and thinking that it didn't get any better than that in sports.

I think the reason I'm such a wreck now is because I understand now just how difficult it is for your team to get back to the Final, and even harder to win it.
Yeah, I felt the same way. I was getting texts from everyone I knew because they knew how much the Penguins meant to me and mean to me...

I remember in 2010 when we lost to Montreal in game 7, a couple of us were sitting and watching it and when the horn sounded, a couple of my friends went over, got their keys and what not and said, "come on, let's go, drinks are on us..."

They knew I watched every game. They knew I was there through the dark years and all...

And the Quaker reference was, unless my eyes deceive me, is a domain name in the censored zone there on that e-mail haha...in theory, I'm employed by the University myself...

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:54 pm

if you break less than 4 phones during a Cup run then you're a casual fan
Mine was really just bad timing and luck. Scuderi burps up the puck to Helm and it goes right into the net, boom boom. And as soon as that happens, I got a text message (it was literally too quick for it to be related to the goal) and I slapped the phone off my arm rest and it hit a bottle of gin (of all things, I don't even drink gin really) and just exploded...I mean like Randy Johnson vs. bird fast ball type stuff...and then I was like ****!

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:04 pm

NTP what was 2009 like for you...?

I know I broke like two cell phones during that run (one when Scuderi turned the puck over to Helm in game 4 I think)...June 12, 2009, to date, is the only time I really actually cried tears of joy in my entire life...I don't think I was ever so nervous for anything in my life then I was during that playoff run...

Since the win, I don't think I've reached that level of anxiousness, though I have gotten older and more mature...maybe...definitely older...but I still kind of just rock nervously back and forth in front of my TV...

Quaker, huh...? ;)
I started dating my now wife in 2009 (first date was actually game 1 against the Flyers). I don't think I was nearly as nervous as I am now, because the 90's Cup runs were when I was younger (still remember them, though). Like you, I cried like a damn baby after the horn sounded. I remember getting texts from friends (who are Flyers fans, mind you) and thinking that it didn't get any better than that in sports.

I think the reason I'm such a wreck now is because I understand now just how difficult it is for your team to get back to the Final, and even harder to win it.
Yeah, I felt the same way. I was getting texts from everyone I knew because they knew how much the Penguins meant to me and mean to me...

I remember in 2010 when we lost to Montreal in game 7, a couple of us were sitting and watching it and when the horn sounded, a couple of my friends went over, got their keys and what not and said, "come on, let's go, drinks are on us..."

They knew I watched every game. They knew I was there through the dark years and all...

And the Quaker reference was, unless my eyes deceive me, is a domain name in the censored zone there on that e-mail haha...in theory, I'm employed by the University myself...
I threw away my memories of the Montreal series. I thought we had a damn good shot at a run.

As for the picture, my God is your vision superb. :thumb:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:06 pm

>tfw I watch every game by myself because I don't have friends

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:12 pm

I've been smart this playoff run. When I've been able to watch, I keep my phone away from me. When I'm not able to watch, but followed along on my phone, it keeps my blood pressure down.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Fun fact: I have no idea what ">tfw" means...I'm usually an acronym connoisseur, but I just can't figure that one out...

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Source of the post I keep my phone away from me.
Usually in the third period I'll slide my phone away from me, usually under my couch... :lol:

Pavement

Postby Pavement » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Fun fact: I have no idea what ">tfw" means...I'm usually an acronym connoisseur, but I just can't figure that one out...
I just google them now. Took me ages to figure out TWSS, Tl;dr etc.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:34 pm

"that feel when"

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:51 pm

Oh, no wonder I couldn't figure it out...it's stupid af...