First round match up

Pavement

Re: First round match up

Postby Pavement » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:57 pm

I'd rather the Islanders over the Rangers but not really confident in the Pens just now.

EdOlczyk

Postby EdOlczyk » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:13 pm

I'd love a first-round match-up against DET, although we'd probably get the *pizza* kicked out of us.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:04 pm

The way the Pens are playing I don't see them catching the Rags, and even if they hop over the Isles they would play them anyway as the 2-3 seed matchup. To be honest, I'm not optimistic about this team winning any series right now, but I do think they would have a better chance versus the Isles than the Rangers.

EdOlczyk

Postby EdOlczyk » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:04 am

The way the Pens are playing I don't see them catching the Rags, and even if they hop over the Isles they would play them anyway as the 2-3 seed matchup. To be honest, I'm not optimistic about this team winning any series right now, but I do think they would have a better chance versus the Isles than the Rangers.
They don't have a chance as is. Even with Malkin and Hornqy back I have my doubts especially with Erhoff up in the air.

The only factor that will get them out of the first round is Fleury. He's had a career year, but he can't do it with an offense that's averaged less than a goal per game over the last 10.

It's reminiscent of the Boston series from a couple years ago.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:06 am

Given that they have typically played much better against non-divisional opponents, I'd prefer if they somehow ended up as the WC that plays the other division. ;)

I really don't want any part of the Rags. We looked pretty much helpless in the games against them this year, the only win coming after that weird SO that ended and then didn't.

They're still playing great even without Lundqvist, the Pens are already having trouble scoring goals... just nope.

The Isles have given them a lot of trouble this year as well... I guess I'd rather play them than the Rags, but I wouldn't get warm fuzzies over it.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:10 am

On the other hand, who would replace Callahan as the "designated shut-down Crosby forward"?

Miller

Postby Miller » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:51 am

Ultimately, it's going to the be the Islanders. I think starting on the road might be a good thing for the Pens.

To win the Cup, they are going to have to do it via New York, imo.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:43 am

I'd want the caps, but it will probably be the Rags.

I just don't see us going far this year.