Pertinent Penguins Jerseys Posts

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:59 pm

I want to see how it looks on a player before I decide. I still think it’ll wind up being the meh I currently view it as.

@meow, fight me.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:03 pm

I’m all in. Gonna run down to Pens Gear as soon as it’s officially on sale (and the wind doesn’t immediately burn my skin off)

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:11 pm

I want to see how it looks on a player before I decide. I still think it’ll wind up being the meh I currently view it as.

@meow, fight me.
Panties. Twisted.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:33 pm

Not a fan of it at all.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:02 pm

It's okay at best imo. They also are wearing it one time so I don't really care all too much

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:53 pm

It's okay at best imo. They also are wearing it one time so I don't really care all too much
It’ll likely be worn more than once and if history repeats will eventually become an alt jersey. That’s happened with all of the outdoor jerseys except the Chicago stadium game. We don’t speak of that game.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:26 am

It’ll likely be worn more than once and if history repeats will eventually become an alt jersey. That’s happened with all of the outdoor jerseys except the Chicago stadium game. We don’t speak of that game.
Both Stadium Series jerseys were never worn again. Let's hope we never speak of this again either

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:23 am

I could've sworn they wore the stadium series jersey at least one other time in 2017 but maybe I'm thinking of the winter classic jerseys.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:45 am

No they definitely wore that yellow jersey once or twice after the Stadium Series game.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:49 am

Regardless, if you want one now's the time to buy. If history is any indication, these things will be discontinued after the season and prices will skyrocket. It's insanely difficult to find a legit 2017 Stadium Series jersey these days.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:14 am

I really wanted one of those in a Kessel, but I never wear jerseys except to games and I have a closet full already so I never ended up doing it.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:42 am

I stumbled across a premiere on discount at Rally Sports in the offseason and took it to House O Hockey for customizing. Wanted Hornqvist but ended up with Kessel since they had the kit in stock.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:03 pm

I really wanted one of those in a Kessel, but I never wear jerseys except to games and I have a closet full already so I never ended up doing it.
That's what spare closets are for, my man.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:07 pm

Mine are actually in a compartment in my Captain's bed.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:23 pm

Is that a Lemieux or Jagr?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:26 pm

First one's a Lemieux. I've got a Jagr in there somewhere towards the back.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 am

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:19 am

blurryhaze312

Postby blurryhaze312 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:37 am

Both Stadium Series jerseys were never worn again. Let's hope we never speak of this again either
They definitely wore them a few times.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pengu ... -287928356

And, really, when it boils down to it, that's what our new alternate is.
I’m all in. Gonna run down to Pens Gear as soon as it’s officially on sale (and the wind doesn’t immediately burn my skin off)
Likewise. :fist:

Are they simple? Yes. But they are basically an ode to the Steelers Color Rush jersey (which makes sense on a level, being a stadium game), which I love and have considered buying for a few years. And I love hockey more than football, so I can get a Pens Color Rush jersey instead of a Steelers one. Double win for me.

These things with the whole getup have a good deal of attitude. I'm excited!
Regardless, if you want one now's the time to buy. If history is any indication, these things will be discontinued after the season and prices will skyrocket. It's insanely difficult to find a legit 2017 Stadium Series jersey these days.
Dang true. I made that mistake with the 2008 & 2010 jerseys. Took me forever once I wanted to buy them.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Don't know if you made it to Pens Gear yet, @blurryhaze312 , but it looks like they're going to be stupid expensive.
http://www.teampittsburghgear.com/Men/3015/Dept
$270 is ridiculous.

NHL shop has them for $210 but I'm assuming the customization is awful. Guess I'll be getting a blank.

blurryhaze312

Postby blurryhaze312 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:02 pm

Don't know if you made it to Pens Gear yet, @blurryhaze312 , but it looks like they're going to be stupid expensive.
$270 is ridiculous.

NHL shop has them for $210 but I'm assuming the customization is awful. Guess I'll be getting a blank.
Woo. That's steep compared to the usual prices. Makes you wonder if PensGear might do better customization on these than NHL shop, like you mention? I was going to stop by Cranberry store on my way home tonight to check them out. I planned on getting mine blank as well, but if the customization is top notch I might be persuaded.
Last edited by blurryhaze312 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:04 pm

$270 is ridiculous.

Woo. That's steep compared to the usual prices. Makes you wonder if PensGear might do better customization on these than NHL shop, like you point out? I was going to stop by Cranberry store on my way home tonight to check them out. I planned on getting mine blank as well, but if the customization is top notch I might be persuaded.
Please report back! Maybe you'll save me a trip to the South Side.

blurryhaze312

Postby blurryhaze312 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:05 pm

$270 is ridiculous.

Woo. That's steep compared to the usual prices. Makes you wonder if PensGear might do better customization on these than NHL shop, like you point out? I was going to stop by Cranberry store on my way home tonight to check them out. I planned on getting mine blank as well, but if the customization is top notch I might be persuaded.
Please report back! Maybe you'll save me a trip to the South Side.
Will do! All I keep hearing is that these outdoor game jerseys - in particular SS jerseys - just don't sell well, mainly because they are unattractive. If that's the case, why make them even more expensive than all your other jerseys unless there's a legitimate reason? We'll see.

nocera

Postby nocera » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:08 pm

Yeah. They're somehow even more expensive than the All Star jerseys. I'll be okay with a blank then maybe getting it customized down the road but I was hoping for customized off the rack.

blurryhaze312

Postby blurryhaze312 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:21 pm

@nocera

I gotta say...I'm pretty impressed with these in person. A few minor complaints, but some can't be helped. First and foremost I wish there was a Made in Canada version like the team wears. Loved the heaviness of the Edge 2.0 jerseys. The Adi jerseys are a little lightweight for me, but nothing can be done about that I guess. Also a little miffed about how the arm numbers got a bit wrinkled, but that's nothing a quick pass with an iron won't fix. Also to be expected when the numbers are single-layer twill I guess...just simply not as thick and sturdy as standard two-layer numbers, plus they are also larger in size so there's more to wrinkle.

That said, I really like them. The crest is pretty cool in that it's not normal twill like the other Adi jerseys. If you're familiar with our alternate jerseys from this season, that crest is very, very thin to the touch. The one on the SS jersey is at least twice as thick; it's a bit textured, almost like a canvas material. I really like it. In photos it looks kind of bland with just the single color, but the texture of it brings a different dimension to it in person.

Pleasantly surprised about the quality of the customization. All twill numbers/letters, all definitely zig-zag stitched around the edges, including the triple straight stitch around the inside edge of the numbers. They actually stitched the triple detail straight through the numbers and jersey, which isn't what I would have done, but at least you know that's real stitch work as well and not a fakery like a lot of their other customizations you find at Pens Gear. Name is on a name plate that is also stitched to the jersey, with the name plate material matching the jersey. I make that last note because I was surprised to see that a great deal of the other pre-customized jerseys hanging in the Cranberry shop had off-color yellow name plates for the alternate jerseys, and even some had twill plates instead of jersey fabric.

I spent probably 10-15 minutes looking over what they had available. Was impressed enough to buy a Crosby. They said blanks are $200, with $70 for any customization. With the quality of the customization on the pre-customized ones I was happy enough considering you'll pay that at least if not more at a shop to get a name put on it after the fact. I also wondered to myself if any shops would even do kits for these with the triple stitch on the numbers. Already since being home I saw someone on Reddit say they called Pro Knitwear and they won't know until next week if they can even do that detail for customers.

I'm holding on to my receipt just in case these came pre-customized from Adi and Dick's gets the exact same quality item, as I have a gift card to bring the price down a smidge. Otherwise, Pens Gear might be the place to go for once.