Pertinent Penguins Jerseys Posts

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Anyone have a replica ECHL CCM jersey? Just wondering on the fit/sizing.
Got the new Nailers 3rd. Went a size up from the Reebok premieres and it’s actually a bit big. It’ll be perfect with a hoodie underneath though.

Now this is tempting me...
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3666046364
I saw that and almost bought it. I have the same jersey in my closet as an authentic. Well the jersey is authentic, but the letter is not. Unfortunately the seller misrepresented the jersey and gave me one that "looked like this one." Nameplate was missing (that's a pet peeve of mine), the lettering doesn't loo right, and the back numbers look too small. I want to say they used 10 inch numbers instead of 12. I even filed a claim on ebay saying that it was misrepresented. They actually ruled in the seller's favor since he said the pic wasn't the exact jersey.

I've been tempted to list it just to get it out of my collection. I know I definitely won't recoup my money on it or even anything close to it. But I guess it's not doing me much good on a hanger since I'll probably never wear it.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Anyone know if House of Hockey has the ability to get name/number kits for the mid-90s pajama jersey? I've been looking for a Nedved forever, thinking of just finding a blank and having the numbers done up.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Anyone know if House of Hockey has the ability to get name/number kits for the mid-90s pajama jersey? I've been looking for a Nedved forever, thinking of just finding a blank and having the numbers done up.
As long as they can find the lettering kit, they can do it. This is an authentic kit:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pittsburgh-Peng ... rk:34:pf:0

But as you can see, it's pricey. They might have a different supplier but I know the above seller is legit.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:06 pm

That's not much more than I would have expected to pay for a quality product. Thanks! Will start browsing for blanks I like.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:11 pm

That's not much more than I would have expected to pay for a quality product. Thanks! Will start browsing for blanks I like.
I'd call House of Hockey or Pro Knitwear (official team customizer) first. They may have kits in stock and it'd be cheaper than buying separately.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:12 pm

As an aside, though not wearing one during the 4OT game, Nedved wore the 'A' often enough as a Penguin to have a few hockey cards depicting it so I am absolutely putting one on there if I do this.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Actually, I'm already starting to rethink it. He wore the A on the black diagonals, I know that. But what year did the pajamas become the full time jersey? He might have been gone by then. The chances he wore the A on the pajamas at all is pretty slim. Not sure if I can do that or not. Will have to ruminate about it a bit and do some more research.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Hmm. They became full time road jerseys in 97-98 so he would've been gone. That said, it's your money. You should put the A on it if you want it.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:22 pm

https://www.gamewornauctions.net/produc ... 82-69.html

Here's a game worn from 96 with the A. This should be enough to put the A on and feel good about it.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Not sure of the provenance of that particular jersey, but if it is really game worn and went for less than $300 my heart hurts right now. There is an Edmonton Nedved game worn on eBay that has been sitting around for a long while at $599. :(

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Not sure of the provenance of that particular jersey, but if it is really game worn and went for less than $300 my heart hurts right now. There is an Edmonton Nedved game worn on eBay that has been sitting around for a long while at $599. :(
I noticed the price after posting. Even if it's not game worn and just an authentic that's a ridiculous price.

Also found this card with the A:
spoilered for size
I'm done now I promise.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Thanks for the information, by the way. You saved me a ton of time. Cheers. :thumb:

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:26 pm

Thanks for the information, by the way. You saved me a ton of time. Cheers. :thumb:
And you gave me a distraction at work so let's call it even. :thumb:

blurryhaze312

Postby blurryhaze312 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:22 pm

I'd call House of Hockey or Pro Knitwear (official team customizer) first. They may have kits in stock and it'd be cheaper than buying separately.
Just FYI -

House O Hockey is still open as a business, but they now operate out of a few ice rinks as their locations in Aspinwall(?) closed a while back, and now their store in Murrysville closed as of Oct 1:

"Please read everything! Not closed!
Important announcement!
New management! Still open!

To my friends and loyal customers, after 27 years in business The House O Hockey in Murrysville is closing its doors effective October 1, 2018. We are merging with another Hockey venue listed bellow and hope to continue
providing you with the service.You have been accustomed to over the past many years and hopefully the extra services my new partner can provide. Our telephone number 412-374-9707 will continue to be active but the address will change. Hope to continue what you have come to expect from our store. Thank you for your business!

Pittsburgh Ice Arena, (Old Valley Ice Rink)
700 Craigdell Rd, New Kensington, PA 15068
412-374-9707

Alpha Ice Complex (Old Bladerunners)
66 Alpha Dr W, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
412-374-9707 @ Pittsburgh Ice Arena"

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Wow, that post came a day too late for me. I just went there. I thought the Murrysville store was there, it wasn't. Nav took me all the way up to New Kensington, and Ron wasn't there and neither of the guys there could help. So my way home from errands today was Monroeville-NewKen-Allison Park. Yay.

Were you one of the guys that tried to help me? :lol:

blurryhaze312

Postby blurryhaze312 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Wow, that post came a day too late for me. I just went there. I thought the Murrysville store was there, it wasn't. Nav took me all the way up to New Kensington, and Ron wasn't there and neither of the guys there could help. So my way home from errands today was Monroeville-NewKen-Allison Park. Yay.

Were you one of the guys that tried to help me? :lol:
Awe, poop. I didn't see any notes that you planned on going yet, so I assumed you hadn't. Hoped to give you heads up before driving to Murrysville and finding out it closed. :cry:

No, I didn't reply to your conversation until just a few minutes ago. I saw someone mention HoH and know they posted that note a few days actually after Oct.1 to Facebook.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Ah, okay, your post was so on point I thought you might have been the guy I talked to. He wanted to be helpful but just didn't have the info on that particular jersey.

I was coming from Latrobe ultimately. I didn't actually drive to the Murrysville store, just couldn't find it online anymore and everything was directing to Pittsburgh Ice Arena in NewKen so I went there.

I have never played at that rink and wanted to check it out anyway. No big deal, appreciate you helping because I didn't have the info on Harmar till you posted it. Thanks! :thumb:

blurryhaze312

Postby blurryhaze312 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:55 pm

Oh, you meant was I one of the guys from the store! Haha, still no.

Oh, also...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pittsburgh-Peng ... rk:34:pf:0

This lettering kit listing on Ebay that you were all talking about is legit. I bought the same kit from that guy last fall around this time for Kasparaitis. Turns out he was a member over at IceJerseys, I just didn't realize until after I purchased through his listing.

In case it was missed, $70 was in Canadian; it's only $53 US. That's much cheaper than you'll pay HoH if you have someone to sew the kit to your jersey for you for free. Usually their lettering kits + sewing run you I think between $90-110 at HoH, but it's been a while. For those older kits, it might end up being more due to the glacier twill. So if you need to pay someone to sew to the jersey, you're probably right around $90-100 anyways.

You could always try contacting Keener Jerseys in Canada. Not sure of the price for that particular kit, but the early 90's kits from them are around $35 shipped to my house via large envelope ready for me to sew down. Again, this particular kit might end up being in the $50 range anyways due to the different style, but I've not bought one of those from Keener. I've only ever done the late 80's through 1992 kits.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:42 am

This is a beaut. 2000-2001 Koho alt Ian Moran with the A.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3604969763

Jim

Postby Jim » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Ah, Ian.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:40 pm

Ian Moran was a funny dude. I can remember a lot of clips of him on the bench just goofing around to himself.

nocera

Postby nocera » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:33 pm

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Nice!

nocera

Postby nocera » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Just realized you’re probably not looking anymore now that you got a customized one. Still, that’s a sweet deal.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Better look at the Stadium Series jersey:

https://imgur.com/a/Bqv80is

Apparently some retailers are already selling it, even though it hasn't been officially unveiled.