Geno Wants Out

Tico Rick

Geno Wants Out

Postby Tico Rick » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:29 pm

This thread really could go in the Pittsburgh Sports Media thread, because it's what the media is all about today. With journalism changing and people no longer needing to get there info from just a few established sites - heck, this is why DK struck out on his own - it's no longer about investigative reporting to uncover the truth, it's about doing whatever you can to have people remember your name so that you will stand out above the competition, which seems to grow in numbers daily. This is the Rossi model. The Canadian yahoos were being incredibly lazy in picking up on old Rossi crap, and DK was right to call them out for it. Journalistic standards have dropped so much due to the likes of Rossi, it's scary.

As an aside, my sources tell me that Geno and Gennady Velichkin are planning to buy the Penguins and move the team to Magnitogorsk. They'll break the arena lease, sure, but no one will be able to do anything about it because Putin has their backs. You heard it here first.

She'sTheFastest

Geno Wants Out

Postby She'sTheFastest » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:42 pm

Bring in Gonchar and these rumors fade away.

darkstar57

Geno Wants Out

Postby darkstar57 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:01 pm

This thread really could go in the Pittsburgh Sports Media thread, because it's what the media is all about today. With journalism changing and people no longer needing to get there info from just a few established sites - heck, this is why DK struck out on his own - it's no longer about investigative reporting to uncover the truth, it's about doing whatever you can to have people remember your name so that you will stand out above the competition, which seems to grow in numbers daily. This is the Rossi model. The Canadian yahoos were being incredibly lazy in picking up on old Rossi crap, and DK was right to call them out for it. Journalistic standards have dropped so much due to the likes of Rossi, it's scary.

As an aside, my sources tell me that Geno and Gennady Velichkin are planning to buy the Penguins and move the team to Magnitogorsk. They'll break the arena lease, sure, but no one will be able to do anything about it because Putin has their backs. You heard it here first.
:thumb: 100 percent right, I remember a few years ago, I think it was a Baltimore sport reporter wanted to see if people fact checked people's Twitter posts. He posted something fake and the national media ran with it. I belive that guy actually got fired for it

slappybrown

Geno Wants Out

Postby slappybrown » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:55 am

DK v Bruce Arthur is a root for the meteor scenario.

NAN

Geno Wants Out

Postby NAN » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Does Geno still want out?

Will he be leaving with Big Ben?

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Geno Wants Out

Postby meow » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:51 pm

I heard he wants out of his renters lease so he can buy a house because he loves it here so much.

Jim

Geno Wants Out

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:10 pm

I heard that no one knows what the heck he is saying so everyone just makes stuff up...

"I not say dat!"

Silentom

Geno Wants Out

Postby Silentom » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:13 am

I hope Geno never goes anywhere. He's such a monster when he is at the top of his game.

NAN

Geno Wants Out

Postby NAN » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Who was the NFL analyst that said Big Ben wanted out of Pgh and Eddie Boo called him out.

meow

Geno Wants Out

Postby meow » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:59 pm

slappybrown

Geno Wants Out

Postby slappybrown » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:55 am

What's funny is that I still have no idea what exactly he wanted to say after his "clarification." Other than "I'm going to stop just short of saying I made the **** up while bullshtting on the radio."

meow

Geno Wants Out

Postby meow » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:38 am

The first quote from Friedman is really all that is needed.

Pitts

Geno Wants Out

Postby Pitts » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:53 pm

I hope Geno never goes anywhere. He's such a monster when he is at the top of his game.
Maybe the Pens should move to Russia then?

scb147

Geno Wants Out

Postby scb147 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Source of the post Maybe the Pens should move to Russia then?

Sarcastic

Geno Wants Out

Postby Sarcastic » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:11 pm

I don't know if he does want out or not, but I would completely support him in his decision if he did. This team is not going anywhere.

mikey

Geno Wants Out

Postby mikey » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:07 pm

Shaddup...

Sarcastic

Geno Wants Out

Postby Sarcastic » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Shaddup...
Shaddup on Geno leaving or on the team going nowhere? This entire franchise is screwed up beyond salvaging. Very hard to be a fan anymore. Seeing them do this to the careers of two best players on the planet is angering. When I look at the comparison between Pens and Hawks and how they handled things from smart drafting, to getting something back for aging vets, to roster depth, to surrounding their two star forwards with right players. Penguins are clueless and I not only blame Shero, but the very top for letting him run wild, instead of keeping him on a leash. Sid and Geno are unlikely to win another cup with this team. What they need to do to compete again is hardly doable at the short future.

Hence, if I'm Geno and I look at this hole they've dug for themselves, I think long and hard about staying here.

Clams Herbert

Geno Wants Out

Postby Clams Herbert » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:35 am

Should have lots of free time between not watching and not posting, yeah?

Nobody cares that your interest in the team in waning. We're here because we still care to varying degrees.

Sarcastic

Geno Wants Out

Postby Sarcastic » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Nobody cares that your interest in the team in waning. We're here because we still care to varying degrees.
Of course that nobody cares. Just like nobody cares about your interest or anybody else's interest. Welcome to the adult world.

Factorial

Geno Wants Out

Postby Factorial » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:50 pm

Source of the post Maybe the Pens should move to Russia then?

Maybe a consortium with backing from Putin will be interested in the Pens.

Clams Herbert

Geno Wants Out

Postby Clams Herbert » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:33 am

Of course that nobody cares. Just like nobody cares about your interest or anybody else's interest. Welcome to the adult world.
So edgy. "I'll go on a Penguins forum and tell them how little I care about the team anymore." Good stuff.

NAN

Geno Wants Out

Postby NAN » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:44 am

Shaddup...
Shaddup on Geno leaving or on the team going nowhere? This entire franchise is screwed up beyond salvaging. Very hard to be a fan anymore. Seeing them do this to the careers of two best players on the planet is angering. When I look at the comparison between Pens and Hawks and how they handled things from smart drafting, to getting something back for aging vets, to roster depth, to surrounding their two star forwards with right players. Penguins are clueless and I not only blame Shero, but the very top for letting him run wild, instead of keeping him on a leash. Sid and Geno are unlikely to win another cup with this team. What they need to do to compete again is hardly doable at the short future.

Hence, if I'm Geno and I look at this hole they've dug for themselves, I think long and hard about staying here.
I just want to see how the Hawks handle everything now that their two stars are going to be taking up over $20M in cap space going forward.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Geno Wants Out

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:01 pm

The Blackhawks have won 3 cups in 6 years. Who cares what they do now.

Ray Shero is worse than Dave Littlefield in hindsight.

Brian Bullington > Angelo Esposito

John Van Benschoten > Joe Morrow

Craig

Geno Wants Out

Postby Craig » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:11 pm

Jose Tabata > Simon Despres.

Jim

Geno Wants Out

Postby Jim » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:44 am

No one is better than Simon Despres...