Playoff GDT: Round II, Game III - Pens v Caps

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Tue May 01, 2018 11:07 pm

Yikes:

Sullivan said Aston-Reese suffered a broken jaw and a concussion.

"At a certain point, we would hope the league might do something."
"OMGTHEPENSARESUCHWHININGCRYBABIES."

- Every other teams' fans, who can line up <right here> to kiss my arse.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue May 01, 2018 11:08 pm

Now we learn Wilson was laughing at Aston-Reese as he lay on the ice.
:|
Honestly eff that guy. Hope he isn’t suspended so the penguins can knock him out till next season.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue May 01, 2018 11:09 pm

I know I'm likely the only one, but I truly miss Ryan Reaves. **** like this was the catalyst for that **** trade in the first place.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue May 01, 2018 11:10 pm

All Olli had to do was send it down the boards. Don’t give a **** about the slew foot. Send it down low.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue May 01, 2018 11:10 pm

Honestly eff that guy. Hope he isn’t suspended so the penguins can knock him out till next season.
Who's going to do it? It's a roster of midgets other than Oleksiak and he's generally reluctant to engage.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 01, 2018 11:11 pm

All Olli had to do was send it down the boards. Don’t give a **** about the slew foot. Send it down low.
Probably the same play whether he trips him or not

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:14 pm

I know I'm likely the only one, but I truly miss Ryan Reaves. **** like this was the catalyst for that **** trade in the first place.

**** Reaves.

What's he gonna do? Sit on the bench for 57 minutes, do something dumb, then pit his team down two guys for the rest of the game?

Wilson isn't going to change without league intervention. Ryan Reaves didn't deter jack **** while he was here, and if anything, he was the cause of most of it.

**** him. He's a healthy scratch in Vegas like he deserves to be.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:15 pm

Who's going to do it? It's a roster of midgets other than Oleksiak and he's generally reluctant to engage.

So what the **** would Ryan Reaves do?

crusherstasiak

Postby crusherstasiak » Tue May 01, 2018 11:17 pm

I like the way Sullivan is handling this.
puts me to shame

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Tue May 01, 2018 11:21 pm

Please send this smoldering, festering, biohazardous landfill of an organization home, Pens.

Greg Wyshynski
‏Verified account @wyshynski
14m14 minutes ago

Trotz kills a second question on the Wilson hit, before adding: "I don't care what [Mike Sullivan] said. ... I saw the hit. Both guys braced for it. Shoulder to shoulder."

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue May 01, 2018 11:22 pm

Kessel is a detriment right now. Not really giving anything of value. I wouldn't be sad if his minutes were reduced in game 4

Tico Rick

Postby Tico Rick » Tue May 01, 2018 11:30 pm

What would the NHL do if Wilson paralyzed someone. Give him a fine, or a one-game suspension?

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:34 pm

That was a fun game to be at till the last minute.

Tico Rick

Postby Tico Rick » Tue May 01, 2018 11:35 pm

Since the NHL and the refs refuse to enforce the rules, I have no problem with the Pens taking matters into their own hands and having someone blow out Ovie’s knee.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue May 01, 2018 11:43 pm

Pens need to Just play.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue May 01, 2018 11:47 pm

Refs didn’t cost the pens that game.

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 pm

I don't think anyone would say that they did. But all we're asking for is the game to be called consistently and correctly. That's something that we've been waiting on for a long freakin time.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue May 01, 2018 11:58 pm

Gar(b)age league

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed May 02, 2018 12:00 am

I don't think anyone would say that they did. But all we're asking for is the game to be called consistently and correctly. That's something that we've been waiting on for a long freakin time.
Cost the Pens a depth player for tne rest of the season, though.

Dan H

Postby Dan H » Wed May 02, 2018 12:02 am

Since the NHL and the refs refuse to enforce the rules, I have no problem with the Pens taking matters into their own hands and having someone blow out Ovie’s knee.
That isn't the way. If you want to go big, a reasonable option would be for the Pens to refuse to take the ice until the league addressed the issue (by issuing Wilson a lengthy suspension and fining his team and coaches). They could make a reasonable legal case here that the league exposes them to unacceptable liability by encouraging them to knowingly expose their employees to what amounts to borderline criminal assault. Worst case in that scenario is they forfeit the series. So what? They're still sitting on three Cups in the past few years, they've made their point for the good of hockey and of sports in general, and they suddenly cost the league and the Capitals a whole lot of money in tickets that suddenly need to be refunded. The problem is ultimately happening because of money, and maybe only napalming their cash flow to make a point will force them to change. I wouldn't recommend doing all that - it's extreme and perhaps more likely to put the Penguins out of business than to effect real needed changes - but I'd be much prouder of the Penguins if they took that high road than if they stooped down to the level of Wilson and his Neanderthal defenders.

Perhaps a slightly more reasonable thing to do would be for the Penguins to file a civil suit tomorrow against Mr. Wilson under Pennsylvania tort law: see http://law.jrank.org/pages/10439/Sports ... ports.html . The amount of money involved may be small for the Penguins, but is probably substantial for Wilson, and the league might be annoyed enough by the publicity to start taking deliberate injury of players seriously.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed May 02, 2018 12:15 am

That isn't the way. If you want to go big, a reasonable option would be for the Pens to refuse to take the ice until the league addressed the issue (by issuing Wilson a lengthy suspension and fining his team and coaches). They could make a reasonable legal case here that the league exposes them to unacceptable liability by encouraging them to knowingly expose their employees to what amounts to borderline criminal assault. Worst case in that scenario is they forfeit the series. So what? They're still sitting on three Cups in the past few years, they've made their point for the good of hockey and of sports in general, and they suddenly cost the league and the Capitals a whole lot of money in tickets that suddenly need to be refunded. The problem is ultimately happening because of money, and maybe only napalming their cash flow to make a point will force them to change. I wouldn't recommend doing all that - it's extreme and perhaps more likely to put the Penguins out of business than to effect real needed changes - but I'd be much prouder of the Penguins if they took that high road than if they stooped down to the level of Wilson and his Neanderthal defenders.

Perhaps a slightly more reasonable thing to do would be for the Penguins to file a civil suit tomorrow against Mr. Wilson under Pennsylvania tort law: see http://law.jrank.org/pages/10439/Sports ... ports.html . The amount of money involved may be small for the Penguins, but is probably substantial for Wilson, and the league might be annoyed enough by the publicity to start taking deliberate injury of players seriously.
So your two options are forfeit or turn into Eugene Melnyk. Right.

Dan H

Postby Dan H » Wed May 02, 2018 1:30 am

So your two options are forfeit or turn into Eugene Melnyk. Right.
Look, I know we're all pretty angry here, but would you mind actually reading my post carefully before sarcastically trolling? This isn't constructive.
Last edited by Dan H on Wed May 02, 2018 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cagsjr724

Postby Cagsjr724 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:42 am

There has to be some goon down in WBS that we can dress for a game to at least take Tom Wilson''s head off.

Lelldorin

Postby Lelldorin » Wed May 02, 2018 3:24 am

Like you said - Kessel has to be hurt. Too bad he didn't rest during the end of the regular season :(

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed May 02, 2018 5:49 am

I'd be surprised if they do anything about that Wilson hit on ZAR. ZAR looks up braces for impact. Sure Wilson is off the ice but they let that go all the time. He goes through the shoulder and get his head. Fully expect to see Wilson on Thursday night.