Rutherford Interviewed by Pompeani

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:40 pm

I think it's from that kid from HockeyBuzz whose every article revolves around advanced stats and how they prove that Sutter sucks.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:48 pm

Word from whom...?
The twitter machine tells me it's TIOPS.

I had (thankfully) completely forgotten about that website.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Thank you. Ok, so it's nothing legitimate.

thehockeyguru

Postby thehockeyguru » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:12 pm

I could see them moving pouliot. I thought it was odd GMJR left him off the list of untouchables. Pouliot could be a piece to fetch a top 6 forward.

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:17 pm

This is probably a pipe dream, only because I really like Valeri Nichushkin but I wonder if Dallas would swap Pouliot for him.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Chicago needs a cheap puck moving D... they only have 3 next year

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:22 pm

He is completely wrong about the compensation... so what is to say he is right about anything else in the article? His source is probably 5AF.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:23 pm

I really can't imagine they would swap Nuke for anything close to "market value" he has star potential...despite losing a year...

Plus Dallas could just use the 12 on a defensemen like that...if a guy like Werenski should slip to them or whatever...they're gold. Mind you they have youth of their own to play on the back line. Klingberg obviously a rookie last year, Oleksiak, Nemeth and Jokipakka all lost their waiver exemption and they have a combined 140 NHL games under their respective belts. Some people suggest (I am not one of them) that Esa Lindell could also make the team...

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:30 pm

I figured as much, but Nichushkin on Malkin's wing? omgyes

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Oh yeah, total destruction.

tfrizz

Postby tfrizz » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:20 am

Offer sheets can't occur until July 1. The 2015 draft is a few days before that. So it's 2016 picks. I make that mistake all the time...
Correct. And the Pens don't have their 2nd rounder in 2016; it was sent to Toronto in the Winnik deal. So if the Pens did decide to go after an RFA like Saad, their offer sheet maxes out at about $5.5-million.

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:23 pm

Rutherford really has work cut out for him in trying to build a contender out of a team that has no chance of becoming a contender. Aging roster, bad contracts, no youth coming to help at forward (people already putting much pressure on young Kap - I doubt he'll contribute at a level we need for a couple years), years of bad wrong drafting, no draft picks to trade, nothing to offer in trade except maybe Sutter. Bad selection of FA. Even Rutherford said a little while ago that most of his tinkering will have to come from trades. Well, he has nothing to trade, so we're screwed. This team is so messed up after Shero that I really... I mean, last two seasons I was indifferent because I knew the team stood no chance, and I feel next season will be worse. I wish him luck because he'll need it. Unless Penguins resolve their scoring forward issues for Sid and Geno, this team isn't going anywhere. And I think that will be impossible to do.

thehockeyguru

Postby thehockeyguru » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Rutherford really has work cut out for him in trying to build a contender out of a team that has no chance of becoming a contender. Aging roster, bad contracts, no youth coming to help at forward (people already putting much pressure on young Kap - I doubt he'll contribute at a level we need for a couple years), years of bad wrong drafting, no draft picks to trade, nothing to offer in trade except maybe Sutter. Bad selection of FA. Even Rutherford said a little while ago that most of his tinkering will have to come from trades. Well, he has nothing to trade, so we're screwed. This team is so messed up after Shero that I really... I mean, last two seasons I was indifferent because I knew the team stood no chance, and I feel next season will be worse. I wish him luck because he'll need it. Unless Penguins resolve their scoring forward issues for Sid and Geno, this team isn't going anywhere. And I think that will be impossible to do.
If geno doesn't pick up his game, I think he gets moved at some point.

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:50 pm

If geno doesn't pick up his game, I think he gets moved at some point.
Honestly, I'm caring less and less what happens with this team.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:49 pm

cadams

Postby cadams » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Offer sheets can't occur until July 1. The 2015 draft is a few days before that. So it's 2016 picks. I make that mistake all the time...
Correct. And the Pens don't have their 2nd rounder in 2016; it was sent to Toronto in the Winnik deal. So if the Pens did decide to go after an RFA like Saad, their offer sheet maxes out at about $5.5-million.
And that's all they really can and should pay for him or any other RFA right now.

Craig

Postby Craig » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:25 pm

No. That just means they cant be in the market for an rfa right now

Sarcastic

Postby Sarcastic » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:43 pm

That doesn't mean I wish the team continues to fail and I'll still be a Penguins fan. I've just accepted the fact that this team has been ran in an unprofessional manner for a number of years and that I don't seem them turning things around enough to compete for the Cup soon. I hope they prove me wrong.