Pens Gm FLIPS on Tribune Review columnist

Craig

Postby Craig » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:32 pm

I hate the idea of a buyout. Its a small hit sgainst the cap but i dont like having dead cap space.

wallflower

Postby wallflower » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:34 pm

And to comment on the original thread topic... This whole situation gave me so many laughs but my overwhelming feeling is that they both look like massive tools.

Rutherford really needs to get thicker skin if he is so easily bothered by a well known miserable dork that he can't ride in an elevator without losing his cool. And, assuming Rossi quoted him accurately (yeah yeah yeah, I know Rossi), does Rutherford not realize that it is NOT the media's job to "support" the team? That just makes me feel gross.

And Rossi should not have written an "article" or whatever you want to call that about it. If he wants to be treated like a professional, he should also act like one.

wallflower

Postby wallflower » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:35 pm

I hate the idea of a buyout. Its a small hit sgainst the cap but i dont like having dead cap space.
I don't care for it either but I think it's better than having a dead roster spot.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:15 pm

The cap hit is a sunk cost....the team will pay that regardless of whther or not scuds is on the team. Dead cap apace sucks but dead weight on the roster I worse

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:16 pm

I don't care for it either but I think it's better than having a dead roster spot.
scuderi is so bad that i might go read all of chirpin grinder's posts on the old site.

as for dead space, we have about 10-20 million injured at any given time. dead space is our M.O.

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:08 am

The cap hit is a sunk cost....the team will pay that regardless of whther or not scuds is on the team. Dead cap apace sucks but dead weight on the roster I worse
This.

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 am

Just burnt a half-hour perusing the Rossi-GMJR thread back at the old place... Dude, Abe Frohman is an a-hole. Sausage King of Chicago or not.

Tico Rick

Postby Tico Rick » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:16 am

Just burnt a half-hour perusing the Rossi-GMJR thread back at the old place... Dude, Abe Frohman is an a-hole. Sausage King of Chicago or not.
I just went back to take a look. It's a lolfest over there, and I don't mean that in a good way. This place is like a breath of fresh air in comparison.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:17 am

Seriously...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:22 am

scuderi is so bad that i might go read all of chirpin grinder's posts on the old site.

as for dead space, we have about 10-20 million injured at any given time. dead space is our M.O.
Scuderi is so bad right now because he's playing about twice as many minutes as he should. The question should be: Are you willing to pay a bottom pair guy 3.375 for the next two seasons
Last edited by meow on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

FLPensFan

Postby FLPensFan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:23 am

I just went back to take a look. It's a lolfest over there, and I don't mean that in a good way. This place is like a breath of fresh air in comparison.
Abe and CG, derailing forums...one thread at a time.

FLPensFan

Postby FLPensFan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:35 am

Scuderi is so bad right now because he's playing about twice as many minutes as he should. The question should be: Are you winning to pay a bottom pair guy 3.375 for the next two seasons
With all the youth the Penguins have, I just can't see keeping Scuderi around. I have been pleasantly surprised with the play of Chorney and Dumoulin. Neither have been on the ice for a goal against in this series. Even if their minutes are limited, I still find that impressive. Letang, Maata, and Lovejoy will all return. Cole will be retained as an RFA, as will Dumoulin. That's 5 right there. Add in Pouliot as the 6th man, and resign Chorney for depth. I'd keep Harrington in the AHL for at least another half season. For all the hype and potential, he just didn't look good in his time in the NHL. Let him work through those a bit more in the AHL, and see if he's ready by mid-season.

Letang-Maata
Cole-Pouliot
Lovejoy-Dumoulin/Chorney

Lots of inexperience, but also lots of youth. And the Penguins desperately need youth up and down the lineup.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:36 am

Oh, I totally agree FL.

Chorney, unfortunately is a UFA at seasons end and I doubt we will be able to retain him. That doesn't throw a huge wrench in the plans, however.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:42 am

Honestly, given all the circumstances, Scuderi has been pretty good defensively in these playoffs...he's pretty poor with the puck, as he's always been, but he's held his ground fairly well I felt like...

FLPensFan

Postby FLPensFan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:54 am

Honestly, given all the circumstances, Scuderi has been pretty good defensively in these playoffs...he's pretty poor with the puck, as he's always been, but he's held his ground fairly well I felt like...
I can agree with this. The question I have is can the Penguins actually treat him like Adams, and if they determine he's not one of their top 6 guys for any stretch of time, put him in the press box. If they are willing to not guarantee him a spot in the lineup when he's healthy just because he's Rob Scuderi and getting over 3M a year, then I don't have a problem keeping him around. He can still be helpful.

Some of it also comes down to who else you have, though. I think Scuderi and Lovejoy are both bottom pairing guys....but I really would not want to see a Scuderi-Lovejoy pairing. Scuderi-Pouliot would kind of balance each other out, but then forces Lovejoy into the 2nd pairing. If he stays and they aren't afraid to scratch him, I'm ok with that. If they buy him out, I'm ok with that too.

Clams Herbert

Postby Clams Herbert » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:20 pm

My biggest complaint with Scuderi in the playoffs is just getting beat to every dump-in by the Rangers. He's been pretty brutal about it.

genoscoif

Postby genoscoif » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Abe and CG, derailing forums...one thread at a time.
I guess I just assumed they were the same person.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Same. They're both belligerent in the same fashion...

Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:40 pm

I thought that CG and someone else were the same person... or does he have 3 names?

thehockeyguru

Postby thehockeyguru » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:23 pm

Glad to see MM is calling it like it is. The NHL game right now is crap.

Craig

Postby Craig » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Every single one of each of those guys' posts appeared the same way to me.

Kicksave

Postby Kicksave » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:41 am

Not to question the integrity and the news breaking abilities of thePensblog but DK says otherwise re: firing Rutherford...

http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2015/04 ... traight-2/

columbia

Postby columbia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:59 am

Not to question the integrity and the news breaking abilities of thePensblog
Just so I have my 2015 terminology straight: Is that a concern troll?

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:16 am

Haha, they are calling DK a blogger this morning with his story on Pierre. Also calling him a shill for the Penguins.

Very old school Howard Stern like - stir up trouble with competitors and other media types to get pageviews or (in Stern's case) ratings.

Pitts

Postby Pitts » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:34 am

I went off on Chirpin yesterday because he posted the same crap he always does about Despres!