One Week Fantasy Leagues

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:19 am

I just started doing Fanduel within the past few weeks. I've been googling previews/tips each week reading whatever I can find.
I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions on the best articles/authors/websites to prep for each week.
fantasy pros is probably the best site in terms of advice for who to start. They aggreagate weekly ratings for all positions, so instead of looking only at 1 or 2 "fantasy expert's" (god I hate that term) advice, you'll get the consensus for about 100 or so.

I don't think there's a site that combined that with DFS player cost though. that would be an interesting project though

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Spangler » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:13 am

Decided to give Yahoo Daily Fantasy a shot because I guess the constant nagging worked. Was just going to put down $20, but instead dropped $50 to get a $100 bonus deposit. After giving it some thought and then reading this thread, I think I'm going to regret it. Maybe my opinion will change if I actually win something. I entered twice into one of the big tournaments to get my feet wet.

If there is anymore reason to hate Thursday games, they wouldn't allow me to draft anyone from the Pats/Dolphins game and one of the guys I would have picked had a decent game.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:11 am

Man, I was winning a 100-player league and a 20-player league in Fan Duel heading into the final period of the Montreal Edmonton game, along with some other placing had me in line for a really nice night. Ended up dropping down to 6th and 2nd. Boo.

I had a hunch that the Triplets Line was going to get it together last night against an awful Avs team, so I put a lot more money behind my night than I usually do. Total strike out on that wager; thankfully, the remainder of my rosters after the TB guys were nearly perfect so I still finished ahead.

mikey

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby mikey » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:03 pm

Young Stars fanduel lineup:

Max Domi
Artemi Panarin
Jakub Voracek
Gustav Nyquist
Jack Eichel
Dylan Larkin
Erik Karlsson
P.K. Subban
Scott Darling

Left $1900 on table salary wise...but they all have pretty good matchups I felt like...they'll have legs...some iffy goaltending tonight around the league...Domi goes against sub-NHL level Richard Bachman in Vancouver, Voracek goes against green Linus Ullmark (Buffalo ought to be the slump buster for Voracek, who has not scored on 40 shots this year), Eichel is playing Neuvirth, Panarin against Dubnyk, Nyquist and Larkin against Hammond, Karlsson against Jimmy Howard, Subban against Ortio...so lots of losers in net going against my guys...so, hopefully they'll figure a way...

Craig

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Craig » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:12 pm

I used my last 3 on a thursday-monday football league. Not depositing any more.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:23 am

Stacked Eichel, O'reilly, Ullmark with success last night. Thank you, formula.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Spangler » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Of course the first week I get into this Bell gets hurt in the first half, and Brees/Eli put up video game numbers. Completely ruined the makeup of my team.

Spangler

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Spangler » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Aaannd Ryan Fitzpatrick gets hurt opening drive on my other team. ****

Troy Loney

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:53 am

Did crappy last weekend. Down $10. I played two lineups one was good cause it had Gurley, West and Julio, but then Fitz's injury killed the chance at making any money.

But I was off yesterday and had a sour taste in my mouth so I made a lineup for the $5 Mon/Thursday tournament and am in a good spot to be in the money for sure. I'm at 84 points with 2WR 1RB and my defense left, I played Newton, Gore, Stewart, Olsen and Andre Johnson. There are a couple of people that played that core and then have one of Brown or Fleener. The leaders are all around 115-120 with only 1 player left. I didn't see one other roster above me that had 4 guys left to play. So it seems the best of guys are the ones with 3 guys left that are just below 100 points.

There is no player combo for those 4 that I can't afford, for the 2 WR, RB and defense. I need to pick a combo that will get me to 150...any suggestions?

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:14 am

I would say Green, Benjamin, and Hill. If there were a reason to save money, I could see a play for Duke Johnson, but I think Hill is the safest play. I've been a Gio owner all season, and it has been clear to me that Cincy is giving Hill every chance to take the job despite the fact that he's been badly outplayed by Gio. I think it was a lot to do with game plan and am not ready to downgrade Gio too much, but he hardly touched the ball at all against the Steelers. The Browns are terrible against he run, and Cincinnati should be up in this game. It might be the perfect recipe for them to get Hill back on track.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:15 am

Brutal slate of games tonight for daily hockey. No great matchups and lots of games.

Troy Loney

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:32 am

I would say Green, Benjamin, and Hill. If there were a reason to save money, I could see a play for Duke Johnson, but I think Hill is the safest play. I've been a Gio owner all season, and it has been clear to me that Cincy is giving Hill every chance to take the job despite the fact that he's been badly outplayed by Gio. I think it was a lot to do with game plan and am not ready to downgrade Gio too much, but he hardly touched the ball at all against the Steelers. The Browns are terrible against he run, and Cincinnati should be up in this game. It might be the perfect recipe for them to get Hill back on track.
Thanks. Hill is too TD dependent, but using Stewart in my flex spot was a mistake so now I have to play an RB this game. I think Eifert has a higher ceiling than any of those RB's and would consider him if I could.

It's also looking like the Browns are going to start Manziel so that would be good news cause if the Bengals D outscores the Panther's 10pt effort, that would boost me ahead of a lot of teams.

I think the following game scenario would win me in the thousands. Bengals smother the browns, Green and Hill score 2+ TD's. Manziel playing QB means the ball is spread around and Benjamin, Johnson and Barnridge all put up similar lines of around 5/70.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:14 am

That's a pretty reasonable scenario to bring that sort of return. Good luck.

Troy Loney

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:32 pm

Just saw a blurb that the Browns expect Manziel, first time since week two. And in that game Benjamin had 115 yards and 2 TD's. I'm already getting my hopes up way too much.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:09 am

Man, full schedule nights with as many goals as were scored last night are really tough in daily. I had a tournament lineup with Seguin, Benn, Hall, RNH, Draisaitl, and I only quadrupled my entry because my other players had average nights.

Troy Loney

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:27 am

Man, full schedule nights with as many goals as were scored last night are really tough in daily. I had a tournament lineup with Seguin, Benn, Hall, RNH, Draisaitl, and I only quadrupled my entry because my other players had average nights.
Isn't that just a law averages thing? In those tournaments I assume you have to have one of the optimal lineups to compete at the top.

I can also see hockey being abused by the people building scripts. With more people being able to score, there are potential lineups, so that's where you'd have the advantage with putting in a ton of lineups.

mikey

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby mikey » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:44 am

It's really easy to build a team in NHL I find. There are so many really good plays in the $4,500 area...in the NFL, that's where kickers and weak defenses are found.

There's like ~20 actually play-able players any given week in the NFL across all positions...in the NHL, there's 50 a night probably...

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:54 am

Isn't that just a law averages thing? In those tournaments I assume you have to have one of the optimal lineups to compete at the top.

I can also see hockey being abused by the people building scripts. With more people being able to score, there are potential lineups, so that's where you'd have the advantage with putting in a ton of lineups.
Yeah, you do have to have an optimal lineup, but it's not to the level that NFL is where you literally have to be perfect. The numbers are so much lower in NHL tournaments that it actually feels like you have a chance.

But sure, multiple entries are tough to compete with on nights with a low number of games. 5-8 games is the range where you can be most competitive. 3 games and you will have people rolling out every possible line stacking combination. 10 games and you almost have too big a field to hope you get it right.

Fan Duel is nice, though, because it has a $1 single-entry tournament of around 8,000-10,000 entries every night. I try to stick with single entries for the most part, but Draft Kings doesn't have many, and I prefer DK to FD when it comes to player pricing and scoring.

Troy Loney

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:06 am

Last night's game was one of the most miserable experiences that I can remember in fantasy football. My team ended up with 112.22 points. To win 15K I would have needed >144.96, and for 30K >151.66.

AJ Green, Jeremy Hill, Travis Benjamin and the Cincy D combined for 27.7 points in a PPR format. Tyler Eifert scored 28.3. I guess you can't fault the Bengals for their game plan cause they trounced Cleveland. But from what I could gather, they were sitting back in coverage, taking away the big play and forcing Manziel to play from the pocket. Blah, no turnovers, neither team pressed. I guess that Thursday night football for you.

Spangler

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Spangler » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Those bonus deposits sites like Fanduel and Draftkings advertise are complete BS. They hold your bonus and gradually deposit the money into your account for every draft you pay into. That's fine except they give you literally pennies for every dollar spend.

I went through Yahoo Daily Sports and I'm getting 4 cents for every dollar spent. I expected a delayed payout to prevent people from gaming the system, but this is ridiculous. I'd have to spend over $1,000 to get the $100 that was advertised to me when I deposited $50.

mikey

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby mikey » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:54 pm

To be fair, that is how every bonus of this type has ever been given out and the only way it really makes sense for those doling out free dollars...

Spangler

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Spangler » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:57 pm

That doesn't make it anymore tolerable. I'd rather the promotion not exist at all.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:45 pm

I can't win in daily football. I hit on Crabtree, Hurns, and Walker where I spent up on Brady who has probably his most pedestrian hat of the season against the Washington freaking Redskins.

dodint

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby dodint » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Source of the post I can't win in daily football.
You and me both. ;)

Craig

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Craig » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:51 pm

Maybe we should pool money and profit. I cant win in anything else with regularity but can profit on football.