15-16 Fantasy Football thread

Craig

Postby Craig » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:32 pm

Id pick up christine michael if hes available right now. Just hold onto him for a few weeks.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Id pick up christine michael if hes available right now. Just hold onto him for a few weeks.
I saw that he's the most added player on Yahoo by a significant margin but don't they have four RBs now?

worth a shot anyway. He has pretty high upside behind that line if he ever gets the job

Craig

Postby Craig » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:51 pm

Hes more talented than randle. Not sure about dmc, but he wont last long. If he wins that job he has the talent to be a top 5 fantasy back for sure. This line made demarco murray look elite.

Dunbar is on the roster but hes only a 3rd and long back for some reason. Michael only has to beat out randle and dmc and i juries may do that for him.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:35 pm

I grabbed him the leagues that I took DMC late. I don't thin Randle is very good and DMC is made of glass. CM by most account shad the talent but couldn't get up the depth chart behind Lynch.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:55 pm

After last year, I'm happy to not be on the Foster rollercoaster this year. Every week seemed like a 50/50 chance of him not playing. It'll only be worse this year...
He was top 7 back last year. Dollar coaster or not he's an elite option when playing

Craig

Postby Craig » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:00 pm

I grabbed him the leagues that I took DMC late. I don't thin Randle is very good and DMC is made of glass. CM by most account shad the talent but couldn't get up the depth chart behind Lynch.
He had some fumbling issues too, but that makes him an even better 1:1 replacement for murray

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:25 pm

Just finished up my 3rd and final draft for the year. Each one I completely went out of my comfort zone. I've never ever drafted QBs as early I have this year (Rodgers in the 2nd and Russell Wilson in the 3rd tonight) and in two drafts I snagged Jimmy Graham early, even tho I know his numbers will go down in Seattle. (I think rounds 3 and 4) I just finally decided that if I can get one of the top 5 or so elite RBs, the rest looked to be pretty negligible so I just tried to grab a big time QB or elite WR early instead. Think that's the first time I've ever not gone rb-rb in any draft ive done.
Last edited by NailedPenguin on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:26 pm

"DMC owns that backfield" - Pavel Bure during the LGP draft :slug:

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:45 pm

"DMC owns that backfield" - Pavel Bure during the LGP draft :slug:
At that time the statement was true, especially for what a 14th rounder while some were taking Randle in the 4th/5th

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:51 pm

I really wasn't aware of how fubar'd the cowboys rb situation seems to be. I almost took randle tonight until someone did before me. I thought they loved him as their rb1. Then again I let our jets fan commissioner talk me into chris ivory so what the hell do I know.

Craig

Postby Craig » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:55 am

Cowboys rb situation is pretty messed up for fantasy but im not worried aboutnit from a football standpoint. i was ignoring randle and going after dmc late, so i also have dmc and michael. Until yesterday i was of the belief that dmc would either be injured or be the lead back by october.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:46 am

I really wasn't aware of how fubar'd the cowboys rb situation seems to be. I almost took randle tonight until someone did before me. I thought they loved him as their rb1. Then again I let our jets fan commissioner talk me into chris ivory so what the hell do I know.
Ivory if he stays healthy is probably going to be a top 10 back or close to it. The Jets are gonna run run run

Staggy

Postby Staggy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:41 am

2 of my 3 drafts done and I've yet to take a running back in either of the first 2 rounds. I really like my teams though, which both look pretty similar. Excellent receivers, Brady, Gronk, two or three solid RB2/Flex caliber guys, and lottery tickets like Foster and Gurley sitting on the bench. I never win any other year so figured I might as well change it up.

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:04 pm

I was starting from a tough position in my dynasty/contract/auction league, and there were not very good options at WR in the auction draft (consisting of non-rookie expiring players). I swung a deal minutes before the draft to get Allen Robinson by taking Ryan Matthwews' highly inflated contract off the hands of the Matthews and Robinson owner to give him more money to play with in the auction. I wanted one of the top RBs available in the draft, but I had to settle for Foster, which allowed me to get Rodgers instead of one of Romo, Ryan, Brees. I believe in Foster, and it sounds like he could even return in week 3 now.

Rodgers
Ellington/Foster/Sankey/Matthews/Gio/Denard Robinson
Robinson/Marshall/Watkins/Wright/Quick/Crabtree/Wheaton/Lockett/Beasley
Thomas/Chandler

I think finish between 6-8 in standings, with the chance for more if Murray would go down in Philadelphia and/or if Foster returns early and is immediately productive.

In the end, given what I had to work with, I'm really happy, especially at WR. Most of my guys are not receiving much hype, but I have 5 guys who are the top WR on their teams, and those guys are also good red zone targets with height and/or strong possession skills. I am really high on Robinson. I think he could be top 10 in targets. I also see Marshall, Watkins, and Wright are all undervalued in terms of their rankings. Anyone else agree? Or am I just convincing myself that I actually have a chance this year.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm concerned about the QBs throwing the passes to those WR more than anything. On paper that team looks middle to bottom of the pack but usually when I see a meh team on paper, it's usually a good sign for that owner.

cheesesteakwithegg

Postby cheesesteakwithegg » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Pretty happy with my team in my main league. PPR, 6 points for rushing and receiving TD's, 5 for passing. 18 roster slots. Picked 9th overall. 12 teams

QB: Brees (6) Flacco (13) Winston (17)
RB: Lynch (1) Gore (4) Hyde (5) Duke Johnson (10) Reggie Bush (16)
WR: Demaryius (2) Cooks (3) Devante Parker (7) Decker (8) Dorsett (15) Ty Montgomery (18)
TE: Eifert (9) D Allen (12)
K: Hauschka (14)
D: Ravens (11)

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Pretty happy with my team in my main league. PPR, 6 points for rushing and receiving TD's, 5 for passing. 18 roster slots. Picked 9th overall. 12 teams

WR: Demaryius (2) Cooks (3) Devante Parker (7) Decker (8) Dorsett (15) Ty Montgomery (18)
That's a really good lineup. Unless you can start 2 QBs, I'd drop one of your backups and pickup another RB.

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:19 pm

I'm concerned about the QBs throwing the passes to those WR more than anything. On paper that team looks middle to bottom of the pack but usually when I see a meh team on paper, it's usually a good sign for that owner.
I agree, but if they were playing with stud QBs, they'd be top guys. I'll take top targets on teams led by weaker QBs over secondary and tertiary targets for studs. That said, god I wish there was someone else in Buffalo. Watkins has to be the best buy in drafts this year in terms of individual talent:ADP.

And I agree with your other observation too. This is the least I've liked my team in this league in years, and I've always underperformed. I guess I'm wondering if this could be one of those teams that seems to be greater than the sum of its parts (not that you can have such a thing in fantasy, but there are certainly teams that feel that way).

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:40 pm

If Brees bounces back, this will be a tough team to beat in a PPR league.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:03 am

got autodrafted last night due to connectivity issues

Matt Ryan
Marshawn Lynch/Arian Foster/Andre Ellington/Doug Martin/Tre Mason/Bishop Sankey/David Cobb/David Johnson
Demaryius Thomas/Jordan Matthews/Mike Evans
Jordan Cameron/Larry Donnell

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:43 am

Since D. Cobb is on the designated to return list and won't return until week 10, I'd consider dropping him for a WR.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:03 am

Had to fill in for my dad in a draft. 12 teams. PPR.

In order, by round (4th pick)

AP
Peyton Manning
DeAndre Hopkins
Carlos Hyde
Travis Kelce
DeSean Jackson
LeGarrette Blount
Stephen Gostkowski*
Philly D*
Colin Kaepernick
Terrance Williams
Owen Daniels
Marques Colston
Josh Scobee
Cincy D
Knile Davis

*You had to have at least 2 kickers and 2 D, which is why Gostkowski and Philly were the 8 and 9 round picks. Figured I'd get the higher rated (based on the sheet I had) guys before people started picking them up.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:35 am

Had to fill in for my dad in a draft. 12 teams. PPR.

In order, by round (4th pick)

AP
Peyton Manning
DeAndre Hopkins
Carlos Hyde
Travis Kelce
DeSean Jackson
LeGarrette Blount
Stephen Gostkowski*
Philly D*
Colin Kaepernick
Terrance Williams
Owen Daniels
Marques Colston
Josh Scobee
Cincy D
Knile Davis

*You had to have at least 2 kickers and 2 D, which is why Gostkowski and Philly were the 8 and 9 round picks. Figured I'd get the higher rated (based on the sheet I had) guys before people started picking them up.
Way too high on Peyton and Kelce IMO

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:47 am

Standard scoring, need to start one of:
Giovanni Bernard @ OAK
Ryan Mathews @ ATL
Bishop Sankey @ TB
Denard Robinson vs. CAR

Need one of:
the leftover RBs
Kendall Wright @ TB