It's that time of year again. Season 4 of the Mafia/Warz Championship is upon us. Panther represented you guys very well last year and I am making this thread in the hopes that you'll be interested in being represented again.
The Mafia Championship is an annual online tournament series that pits representatives from various forum Mafia communities against one another as they compete to determine the Internet’s greatest forum Mafia player. Each participating community democratically elects one person to represent them and become their “Champion”.
Season 1 ran in 2013-2014, while Season 2 and Season 3 ran in 2015 and 2016, respectively. As of Season 3, a total of 160 communities have been represented in the Mafia Championship, making it the largest cross-forum event on the Internet.
1. Do you accept the invite?
If your community wishes to participate, please confirm your participation to me before April 16 to ensure yourselves a spot. If you need more time than this to think about whether you wish to participate, let me know and I can extend the deadline.
If you agree to participate, the deadline for selecting your representative is April 23. If this is too soon for you, again, just let me know
The games will take place on Mafia Universe.
The general discussion thread for S4: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... -Is-Now%21
- You may decide yourselves how you want to elect your representative, but we highly recommend some sort of democratic process (public nominations followed by a poll usually works out well).
- In addition to electing a representative, you should also name an alternate who will be asked to step in if the first choice needs to back out.
- Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.
- Relevant only to communities that participated last season: Season 3 Finalists are not eligible to play again this season.
The tournament structure
- 135 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
- 9 Qualifying Games will be played consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifying Game. 1 player will advance directly to the Finale Game from each Qualifying Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. I.e. 9 of the 15 finalists will be found this way.
- A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 3 will along with me discuss and vote to determine a group of 30 wildcard players who will play in 2 Semi Final Wildcard Games. From each of these two games, three players will directly advance to the Finale Game.
- The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall hold the title of Season 4 Champion.
12 Vanilla Townies
3 Mafia Goons
We’re going back to basics for Season 4. Each season we’re changing it up, and for this season it’s finally time to play without any power roles or abilities at all. Pure mafia. You have only yourself and your reading/bluffing abilities to count on.
3. Season 4 Timeline
The first Qualifying Game is currently set to start April 24th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.
If you want to get in contact with me ASAP, you can find me on Skype (thingyman) or Discord (Thingyman#6075).