*** Mafia Wars -- Game-Play Thread ***

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:33 am

slappy was supposed to live when i said i used my night block on him, making obhave look like the informant i said she was

obhave

Postby obhave » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:37 am

This game had me thinking every one of my minions were against me.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 am

that was the plan ;)

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:41 am

12 players, 4 reds, 1 indy. Ok. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Had I gotten to use any of my actions it would've evened up a lot quicker.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:44 am

So 2/3 of the game had a role?

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:45 am

This is probably false, though, since I wanted to shoot slappy in the head right away but decided not too. Probably would've in time.

relantel

Postby relantel » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:56 am

I kept thinking the possibility of an informant was just a redwill tool to make us doubt ourselves and have all sorts of side-conversations in the PMs with various subsets of us. It was hard to keep up with the game itself there were so many PMs!

So, in that, bravo to @redwill for thinking of something different. And having alternate scenarios.

obhave

Postby obhave » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 am

that was the plan ;)
Oh it worked. The other three contacted me to say you were an informant. But when the night action they suggested failed, I thought they were also out to get me. So you were with cbear as a unit against me, and the three of them were mutinying as a second unit. This was my mind set haha

I even sent redwill a PM telling him his game got me extremely paranoid.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:00 pm

This is probably false, though, since I wanted to shoot slappy in the head right away but decided not too. Probably would've in time.
I told redwill I wanted to shoot him halfway through that first day. By the end I decided I'd just use a see.

obhave

Postby obhave » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:01 pm

So 2/3 of the game had a role?
Yes, but we ended up having reds vs reds in the end, so it might have worked out for the village with lots of in fighting.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 pm

There was a point where I thought the game was a dud. Then redwill PM'd me and said "willeyeam is starting to make his move" and it was really entertaining from then on. Also, when Cbear didn't die I thought the village would riot.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:09 pm

I went with obhave instead of willeyeam strictly because she had a nightly kill. I couldn't see any path to victory for willeyeam and i knew he was the one that stopped the 2nd cbear lynch and the obhave shot.

Honestly, there were so many PMs among the reds it was nuts.

I had 4 threads going...

1. All 5 reds
2. Obhave rel hn and i
3. Willeyeam rel hn and i
4. Rel hn and i

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:13 pm

I also wasn't sure if willeyeam was working with cbear or if he really was simply trying to kill obhave

obhave

Postby obhave » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:14 pm

I had literally no trust in you guys when the cbear vote and willeyeam kill both failed. Hence paranoia level 100

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:17 pm

I also wasn't sure if willeyeam was working with cbear or if he really was simply trying to kill obhave
It was a balance to keep the game going but somehow get you guys on my side. My only regret was maybe I should have started my plan a little earlier

redwill

Postby redwill » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Thanks again to everyone for playing.

Roles in brief:

Baddies:
- obhave
- Hockeynut!
- King Colby
- relantel
- willeyeam - who was secretly gunning for obhave's character

Goodies:
- slappybrown, Doctor
- dodint, a JOAT-type
- CBear3, a JOAT-type

Townies:
- Willie Kool, who could PM with MR25
- MR25, who could PM with Willie Kool
- Gaucho, who could PM with Silentom
- Silentom, who could PM with Gaucho

Detailed Roles:
obhave, you are Giacomo Maribespucci, Boss of the Pikadakowpie, Iowa mafia organization. You may freely PM the others mentioned in this PM. As Boss, you have two powers:
- You may kill every night, starting Night 1.
- You are immune to ONE day kill. In other words, if you are voted out, you will not die. But only ONCE. After that you're fair game.

willeyeam, you are Sophia Maribespucci, you are the wife of Giacomo Maribespucci. You may freely PM the others mentioned in this PM. You have gained respect in the family and, as a result of that and, of course, of your feminine wiles, have two one-time powers:
- You may make ONE day save of anyone. PM me a name during the day or no later than a few minutes after the final vote and that person will not die that day.
- You may roleblock ONE player during the night phase. PM me a name and that person's powers (if any) will be nullified during that Night phase

Hockeynut!, you are Stubbi California, caporegime of the Maribespucci family. You have no powers apart that you may freely PM the others mentioned in this PM.

King Colby, you are Benny Beretta, caporegime of the Maribespucci family. You have no powers apart that you may freely PM the others mentioned in this PM.

relantel, you are Carlo Teppo, caporegime of the Maribespucci family. You have no powers apart that you may freely PM the others mentioned in this PM.

------------------

slappybrown, you are FBI Special Agent Johnson. You have Doctor (Angel) powers. Pick a person to protect and that person will not beharmed during that Night phase. You may protect yourself or anyone else, but you may not pick the same person more than TWO nights in a row. For example, if you pick yourself Nights 1 and 2, you must pick a different person Night 3.

------------------

CBear3, you are FBI Agent Johnson. You are a special investigator with a limited license to kill. You also have medical skills. Specifically, you may investigate (seer) ONCE, kill ONCE, and day protect ONCE. You may only perform one action per night, starting with Night 1. So PM me a name if you want to perform an action during one of your allowable Nights. If you want to use your day protect, PM me during the day or within a few minutes of the final vote and that person will not die that day.

------------------

dodint, you are FBI Agent Johnson. You are a special investigator with a limited license to kill. You also have medical skills. Specifically, you may investigate (seer) ONCE, kill ONCE and night protect ONCE. You may only perform one action per night, starting with Night 2. So PM me a name if you want to perform an action during one of your allowable Nights.

------------------

Willie Kool, you are a citizen of Pikadakowpie, Iowa. You have no powers other than you may freely communicate via PM with MR25, another citizen.

MR25, you are a citizen of Pikadakowpie, Iowa. You have no powers other than you may freely communicate via PM with Willie Kool, another citizen.

Rest assured that you are at the start of the game both regular citizens.

------------------

Silentom, you are a citizen of Pikadakowpie, Iowa. You have no powers other than you may freely communicate via PM with Gaucho, another citizen.

Gaucho, you are a citizen of Pikadakowpie, Iowa. You have no powers other than you may freely communicate via PM with Silentom, another citizen.

Rest assured that you are at the start of the game both regular citizens.

------------------
------------------
(private PMs)

willeyeam, as you know, you are Sophia Maribespucci. The thing is, you have learned through trusted sources that your husband Giacomo is responsible for the grisly murder of your brother, Sforzza. You are now completely fixed on revenge.

Your goal is not only to bring the mafia to victory, but also to destroy Giacomo Maribespucci (obhave). You do not win unless both goals are achieved. The other mafia members have been informed that dissension is brewing, but don't know the details. It is up to you to either win without them, to win them over, or destroy them in the process. It's up to you. Giacomo does not know about your motives.

Your powers remain what you read in the previous PM.

Remember, you do not win with Giacomo. You must destroy the town AND him.

------------------

Individually sent to each of the other mafia: Hockeynut!, relantel, King Colby:

There is dissension brewing in the Pikadakowpie mafia. It has been building for a while. Your loyalty to Giacomo Maribespucci is not absolute. You may be contacted about alternative arrangements. It is completely up to you whom you support or pretend to support. You do not have to declare any allegiance to me or anyone else. Declare your allegiance with your actions.
------------------

Actions:

Night 1:
- slappybrown protected himself
- obhave killed Willie Kool
- CBear3 did nothing

Day 1:
- CBear3 used his day protect

Night 2:
- slappybrown protected himself
- obhave killed dodint
- CBear3 investigated slappybrown, which led to them now being in communication.

Day 2:
- Silentom killed

Night 3:
- slappybrown protected CBear3 (he couldn't protect himself three nights in a row)
- obhave killed slappybrown
- willeyeam FAKE role-blocked slappybrown

Day 3:
- CBear3 lynched, but saved by willeyeam

Night 4:
- CBear3 killed Hockeynut!
- obhave attempted to kill willeyeam, but
- willeyeam used his roleblock on obhave

Day 4:
- obhave lynched, but saved automatically

Night 5:
- obhave killed willeyeam

I think that's all the details. I'll have some design notes and game thoughts later.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:21 pm

Rel, HN and KC.. Did you guys ever believe me at all? If slappy would have lived through my 'role block' would that have convinced you?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:26 pm

What do you mean by fake role block? Like, that was an action he could take, or he told you on the side that he wasn't going to do it, while telling the reds he did?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:45 pm

he told you on the side that he wasn't going to do it, while telling the reds he did?
yes

relantel

Postby relantel » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Rel, HN and KC.. Did you guys ever believe me at all? If slappy would have lived through my 'role block' would that have convinced you?
I don't know.

Final PM count - including redwill's initial messages -- 190. Just unsustainable on the old homeground. My inbox would have been full long ago. (FTR, max count here on 5AF is 200)

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:55 pm

it was a little chaotic. That's why each night was taking so long. I was sure you guys had another group chat going

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:07 pm

I didn't believe you, but I was also skeptical about obhave because she was ready to vote me out when we had an almost insurmountable #s advantage. I privately PMed redwill to ask if KC, rel and I could stage a coup and kill obhave after we killed you. But our attempt on your life failed and then I was f'ed. :lol:

If you'd have been honest and said you wanted to kill her for revenge, I probably would have sided with you, especially after the day where the vote started going against me. But your "she's an informant" rang false and made me think you'd been converted.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:09 pm

I didn't believe you, but I was also skeptical about obhave because she was ready to vote me out when we had an almost insurmountable #s advantage. I privately PMed redwill to ask if KC, rel and I could stage a coup and kill obhave after we killed you. But our attempt on your life failed and then I was f'ed. :lol:

If you'd have been honest and said you wanted to kill her for revenge, I probably would have sided with you, especially after the day where the vote started going against me. But your "she's an informant" rang false and made me think you'd been converted.
I thought about being 100% straightforward, but then I figured if it was straight up with me or obhave you guys would pick her due to her auto day protect.. I didn't really have an advantage to swing you guys, so I tried to get creative

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 pm

it was a little chaotic. That's why each night was taking so long. I was sure you guys had another group chat going
We totally did! It was to the point where I told KC and rel that we needed to start responding to the other PMs and include you in them so you wouldn't get suspicious. At any given point we had PMs with:

All 5 bad guys (KC, rel, obhave, willeyeam, me)
KC, rel, me and willeyeam
KC, rel and me

It was super confusing and I was sure I was going to accidentally copy you or obhave on the PM list and blow it.
Last edited by AuthorTony on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

obhave

Postby obhave » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:12 pm

I privately PMed redwill to ask if KC, rel and I could stage a coup and kill obhave after we killed you. But our attempt on your life failed and then I was f'ed. :lol:
I knew it. :scared: